Setting up the BMW i3 mobile app
The BMW Connected Drive app, gives you the following features:
- Check the current range
- Remotely lock and unlock the vehicle
- Remotely flash the lights
- Locate the vehicle on a map
- Turn on the heating or cooling pre-conditioning
- Set a charge or pre-conditioning schedule
- Check the driving history and economy
- Check the tyre pressures and service schedules
- Check the current mileage
- Send destinations to the car's sat nav
- Pay for various additional apps & services
It is very simple to setup the 'BMW Connected Drive' app and pair it to your car, by following these steps.
- On the web (on your PC or mobile) go to www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk and create a new user account.
- You will receive an email to confirm your address. Follow the link in the email to finalise this step.
- Login to your new account on the web and add your vehicle using the VIN number. You can find this on your V5 document or at the base of the windscreen.
- A message is then sent to the car, containing a security code. Go to the car and switch it on. In the iDrive system, navigate to messages and your inbox/unread messages. It may take a few minutes for the message to arrive. Take a note of the code and enter it into the web portal.
- You can now download and install the BMW app on your phone. You will be given a link in the portal, but you're looking for "BMW Connected" by BMW Group in your app store.
- Sign in to the app with the same login details as the web portal.
Once complete you can then communicate with the car via the phone app or the web portal on a PC or tablet.